Thread: Advice: Ask an enforcer / goon
View Single Post
Old
03-04-2014, 04:02 AM
jazzykat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifist Goon View Post

In a rugby league for over 35 year olds, players can wear different coloured shorts depending on where they're at. A certain colour is fair game, another colour is limited in what contact you can put on them and another colour is non contact; still all playing on the same team and seems to work pretty well. Get some real old timers still going around and the more able guys can still find guys on the other team to mix it up with if so inclined.

How would that sort of thing translate to 'social' hockey?
I have team mates who can and are more physically minded. We mix it up a little. Whereas we don't come into contact with the 2 girls or the bambis on ice at at all. Just get to know your team mates and develop a play style with them. You can even talk about it before. For me it was sort of natural, I would initiate and they would give it back. It's a lot more fun than playing strictly non-contact.

Also, I find this thread useful because I can find out ways to protect myself. I like to play within the rules but if I think someone is going outside of them and getting away with it I need to figure out appropriate ways to deal with them.

jazzykat is offline   Reply With Quote