View Single Post
Old
02-16-2007, 02:30 PM
lugnut76

vCash: 500
Like most Preds fans my excitement for this year's playoff run is off the charts after the trade that brought Forsberg our way.

Although this thread may be old, it may be relevant to refresh the discussions given the activity of the last 24 hours. I know Forsberg has made it evident that he will not enter into contract discussions until the year is over, but that doesn't mean that us Predator fans can't.

How hard does Poile need to go after signing Forsberg if/when he makes the decision to play again next year? Does Forsberg's deal move to the front of the line, and if so what does that mean for Hartnell, Timmonen, and Kariya? It would be hard to imagine Poile re-signing all four. I think this is a major step forward for the Predators organization, but if this thing fails (devil's advocate) and Preds exit the playoffs early, and Forsberg is not resigned, what does that mean for the credability of the organization? Would it signifanctly hurt relations with a local media that already underrepresents the Predators? Obviously the real answers to these questions is "who knows", but it makes for an interesting discussion.

lugnut76 is offline   Reply With Quote