View Single Post
Old
03-04-2014, 01:45 PM
rmartin65

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinalive View Post
As a pens fan I would be happy as larry if we get Kempe that late in the 1st round. Not really a fan of the Letang trade though. Bishop and Lindo are two solid picks. While Smith has nice size and some potential, I feel he went a little to early. Pionk is a meh kind of pick. He is relatively high in the CSS Rankings, but I am not all that big on USHL players. Mantha is a pick I really like, same for Evans. Gutierrez is very raw and a big project, but it is also a 7th rounder...
Thanks for the feedback- if you post your completed draft, I will return the favor.

In defense of the Letang trade- I think that Letang is replaceable. I am more than happy going into 2014/15 with a d corps of Martin/Scuds/Maatta/Niskanen/Bortz/Despres/Dumo. Maybe sign a cheap veteran 3rd pairing guy if you don't feel comfortable there. Getting Patches fills Sid's LW for years at a very nice cap hit. McGinn becomes a middle 6 guy with secondary scoring ability and grit. With the cap savings from the deal and the rising cap, I think we could afford a nice 3rd line C.

In defense of the Smith pick- Yeah, I was torn there. But its a late 4th, and the upside is pretty enticing.

As for Pionk- I was looking for a Shero-type defender, and I think Pionk fits the bill. Probably my least favorite pick of the draft though.

Gutierrez is a dark-horse pick of mine. Great size and willing to use it, athletic, and shows some offensive chops. Definitely a long-term guy, but I think he could be a nice pick-up.

rmartin65 is online now   Reply With Quote