View Single Post
Old
02-03-2004, 10:34 PM
Estimated_Prophet

vCash: 500
I am going to have to take Habsolution's side on this debate. I nearly vomited when Hainsey's name was called on draft day because of all of the exciting prospects that were passed up for a defenceman who was universally considered to be soft and one dimensional. McKenzie compared Hainsey to Jason Woolley and IMO that is not a very exciting upside when drafting in the 1st round of a strong draft. Hainsey did impress the following season but since then his progress seems to have stalled and he is proving all of the naysayers who said that he was drafted too early to be correct. There is little doubt that Hainsey is a complete jerk as witnessed in his interview and by numerous reports over the last couple of years of a poor attitude and irresponsible behaviour. It is this attitude that will keep him from realizing his potential and IMO it is this attitude that should see him traded out of Montreal while he still has some decent trade value.

Personally, I'd like to see Hainsey moved as the centerpiece of a package to acquire Ryan Smyth from Edmonton. Kevin Lowe has expressed his desire to acquire a puck moving d-man who can quarterback the powerplay and Hainsey looks to be a good fit.