View Single Post
Old
02-16-2007, 07:13 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
Seeing that we are going to lose either Souray or Markov in the off-season, we should go after a defensive D-man to replace whoever goes. I like the idea of getting
Cammalleri but there is no way we are going to get Visnovski to come with him so why not get Brent Sopel? He is cheap at about 2.5 mil, He has 21 points in 40 games, he is a -1 and he only has 10 PIMS. We need a guy back there who can be responsible in our own end....I think this would be the guy. So I say re-sign Markov and make this trade....

Cammalleri + Sopel

for

Souray + Ryder + Danis

It would address some needs for the Habs by getting another solid centerman, a good solid defencemen and they wouldn't cost us alot.
Souray is going to want at least $4 million a year, Ryder is going to be asking for around $3 million and Danis is never going to play in Montreal and LA needs goaltending.
LA in return gets a weapon on the powerplay in Souray, and a guy that can score goals with the right setup man in Ryder, plus they get a decent goaltender too.
Let me hear what you think about it?

Danis is needed right now with the big club....Huet is going to be out for a longer period than reported....

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote