View Single Post
Old
02-16-2007, 07:49 PM
BaseballCoach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
These are the players we need to keep in my Opinion!!!!

Forwards: Bonk, Plekanec, Perezhogin, Higgins, Latendresse, Begin, Johnson, Samsonov and Murray(only because he is under contract).

Defencemen: Markov, Dandenault, Komisarek, Streit and Bouillion.

Goalies: Huet
That's 28.5M or so for 15 players
Gone: Koivu, Kovalev, Downey, Ryder, Souray, Niinimaa, Rivet and Aebischer.

We have Kostitsyn, Lapierre and Grabovski who are ready for the NHL, Cote and Biron in the minors and both of them could make the jump.
That's another 3.5M or so for 6 players when you also include dollars for a backup goaltender. By the way, according to his coach, Don Lever, Grabovsky is not yet ready for the NHL but I'll take your word for it over his for now.

There will be all kinds of free agents looking for a place to play so we could pick up some good players to replace Koivu, Kovalev, Ryder, Souray, Rivet and let Halak and Danis fight it out for the backup goalie role.
It's time to make some changes, I'm getting sick of seeing the team do the same damn thing every year.....finish the season around the middle of the conference, lose in the second round of the playoffs and then no new players in the off season to improve the team.
Well, you have about $15M left to spend on two marquee forwards, one a center and one a winger.

Who are the two best free agents out there you would go after? Don't forget to do a FAN-TASTIC job, because our defence is not upgraded.

Huet
Halak/Danis

Markov-Komisarek
Streit-Dandenault
Bouillon-Cote
Biron (Spare)

Great Centre-Great Winger-Samsonov
Plekanec-Perezhogin-Higgins
Bonk-Johnson-Begin
Lapierre-Kostitsyn-Latendresse
Murray-Grabovsky (spares)

That's no better than this year, I think. Within the top 20 players, ignoring the spares, we've given up Souray, Rivet, Koivu, Kovalev and Ryder in exchange for Cote, Biron, Great Centre, Great Winger and Kostitsyn.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote