View Single Post
Old
03-05-2014, 02:53 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damack View Post
I'm a fairly new skater, I started on Bauer Vapor X3.0 and developed fairly good technique but they hurt my feet. After a couple of months of pain I picked up some Bauer Supreme One.6's. The pain is completely gone but it almost feels like I have to learn my edges again. It feels like when gliding my foot wants to sit towards the outside edge. When I pushing into my stroke, I'm getting some slippage unless I really concentrate on finding that inside edge. I've slid out a few times doing crossovers by losing the inside edge on my outside foot.

Is this normal when changing skates? I was kind of shocked at the difference, I previously had pretty good edge control and now it's significantly different. Both skates are sharpened with the same cut (5/8) by the same guy who is a sharpening guru.
Is the new skate boot stiffer than the old one?

The Supremes and Vapors may be different in shape and fit the foot differently. Not sure exactly with those two models but I do know Bauer lines are different fits from each other just as different skate brands fit differently from each other.

Lonny Bohonos is offline   Reply With Quote