View Single Post
Old
03-05-2014, 10:13 AM
matix218

vCash: 500
What is the size difference between your old and new skates, specifically did you move up or down in holder/blade size?

I know for a fact that it can be very awkward at first when adjusting to a shorter or longer blade. (generally when going from a longer blade to shorter blade you will feel like you are toe-diving too much and going from shorter to longer you will feel much more on your heels generally speaking from what i have personally experienced)

Also if your old skates had the steel sharpened down really low the shape and height of the steel is much different than on a brand new set of steel, even if the holders are the same size.

One of these are most likely the cause of your problems.

Personally i have gotten to the point that whatever skate boot i use i just get my holder/steel of choice put on them (which for me personally is the CCM E-Pro size 271, simply because over the years i have become very used to it). So even on my current easton S17 skates which come stock with a size 263 Easton Razorblades holder/steel, i have had them mounted up with my 271 Epro, making the transition to those skates much less awkward. That is just my personal preference though, every one is different.

matix218 is offline   Reply With Quote