Thread: Prospect Info: OKC Barons 2013/14
View Single Post
Old
03-05-2014, 05:34 PM
Petes2424

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bewbies View Post
No. They're clearly the 3rd pairing and they're a big liability when they are out there. Klefbom's positioning/decision making is pretty bad and Musil has a tough time with the speed of the game at this level. Usual pairings are Hunt/Davidson, Fedun/Gernat, and Musil/Klefbom. When there's a key defensive moment Hunt/Fedun get paired up.

Also the 3 games this weekend were ridiculously entertaining. 16-13 total score, all 3 wins, 3 one-goal games (obviously). I went on Friday and Sunday, yesterday's game was just ridiculous. Barons score 3 early, then give up 5 unanswered (and were badly outplayed, were obviously totally out of gas after playing 3 in 3, playing a fresh team). Then Davidson scores 2 late, puts them up 1 with 35 seconds left. It was both horrifying and amazing. And unlikely.

Davidson's really stepped up lately; he looks bigger, he's hitting more and he's finally shooting more regularly. Bunz's line didn't look great yesterday but he was pretty awesome. Lander/Ford/Horak are playing extremely well together.
I'd like to see a little of Gernat and Fedun as the season winds down. It should be a major concern that Musil's foot speed isn't up to par. The NHL is twice as quick. In the few games I've seen Klefbom looks hesitant one moment and over commits on other occasions. That's understandable for a lot of young guys. Especially European players. I'm old school when it comes to confidence though. I want guys who leave it on the ice every shift and let it fall where it may. I see that in both Gernat and Fedun. Not so sure Klefbom has it guys. My humble opinion of course.