Thread: Speculation: David Legwand - UFA
View Single Post
Old
03-05-2014, 05:56 PM
adsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
I had low expectations on the return. Obvious Jarnkrok is the wild card. He has OK stats for 22 year old in the AHL, nothing to suggest he's going to be a high scoring forward, but we'll see how he progresses. Not disappointed in the return at this stage. However, Bob McKenize says Jarnkrok needs to be convinced to stay in North America. If these rumors have truth, this trade has a whole new turn. We're going to look silly if yet another player who comes here bolts to Europe.

Vanek got a low return, I think in part because he's having his worst season of his career and because many feel they don't have a chance to re-sign him. Most everything else is on par. The Trade Deadline is always a seller's market. It can get diluted if there is an over abundance at a certain position, but people are always motivated to win the Stanley Cup and make their team better. Legwand was the best center in a very weak pool.

I actually think Legwand will play well for the Wings. He will likely turn back into motivated Legwand, who is much better than lackadaisical Legwand.
Several years ago, Legwand was sent to Milwaukee to rehab his knee. He looked like a push rod hockey game center. The fans were booing him at the end. That is unusual in Milwaukee. I guess we saw that lackadaisical side. I didn't care for it one bit!

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote