Thread: Prospect Info: OKC Barons 2013/14
View Single Post
03-05-2014, 09:36 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Most people who watch the Barons (Willis and those guys) haven't really been that down on Musils skating, but say his an extremely smart and well positioned D who makes up for his skating issues with that

Todd Nelson

I think people around here have written him off because of his skating. But it hasn't sunk him in his first pro season. So hopefully he can keep improving on his skating. If he can become even an average skater he will be a bottom pairing D with top 4 upside (depending how improved his skating is)

Based on reports he could probably be an NHL shutdown D today if he was skating was NHL level
The problem with Musil and his lack of explosion is he's skilled enough and bright enough to compensate at the AHL level. I worry if that will translate. Majority of guys can't.

Out of all of them, Gernat looks to me like the closest to being ready. He's making the right decisions and he has a good flow out there. Especially from his circles down. Much like Marincin truthfully. The game tonight just shows how lacking they are up front too. Arcobello is by far the best forward.

One guy in impressed with every time I watch is Davidson btw. He's played very well again tonight. Guy competes at a high level and he's making the right plays.

If I HAD TO call two D up tomorrow, those are the two I'd call up. Davidson I want to see how he adjusts to NHL forwards. I'm honestly not worried about Gernat at all. I think he's going to be one of those guys who just gets it at the NHL level. Nothing special but well rounded 4-6 guy.