Thread: Prospect Info: OKC Barons 2013/14
View Single Post
Old
03-05-2014, 08:56 PM
topchowda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
The problem with Musil and his lack of explosion is he's skilled enough and bright enough to compensate at the AHL level. I worry if that will translate. Majority of guys can't.

Out of all of them, Gernat looks to me like the closest to being ready. He's making the right decisions and he has a good flow out there. Especially from his circles down. Much like Marincin truthfully. The game tonight just shows how lacking they are up front too. Arcobello is by far the best forward.

One guy in impressed with every time I watch is Davidson btw. He's played very well again tonight. Guy competes at a high level and he's making the right plays.

If I HAD TO call two D up tomorrow, those are the two I'd call up. Davidson I want to see how he adjusts to NHL forwards. I'm honestly not worried about Gernat at all. I think he's going to be one of those guys who just gets it at the NHL level. Nothing special but well rounded 4-6 guy.
Davidson is a very intriguing prospect. He came out of nowhere in OKC last year and was outstanding in the AHL in the last stretch and into the playoffs. He was also extremely good in the young starts tourney (on tourney all star team I think), and played good in his 1 NHl exhibition, but bad in the other. It seemed like the wheels fell off to start this AHL season, but hes picked it up recently.

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote