View Single Post
Old
02-18-2007, 09:53 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtim8778 View Post
I really think that is a stretch. Tyutin is already a 2nd pairing defenseman and most people have sauer's ceiling as a second pairing guy.
Sauer by and large is flying under the radar. He is steadily improving each year and I think we really lucked out because he was injured his draft year and we had extra 2nd rounders to gamble with and selected a number of players who would have been drafted but later in the draft and not as early as when we selected them.

Staal has the family name now so much is hype and still much is well deserved, but do not under estimate Sauer's potential. I don't get hung up on slotting 17 & 18 year olds. There have been plenty of players who were drafted high and were suppose to be top line or top pairing players who either never made it or who became 3rd or 4th liners and the opposite has been true of an equal number of players who no one saw the full potential. That is why you have to develop your players and see what happens. Anybody remmber those sure fire picks Brendl & Lundmark? So much for a future captain and gunner.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote