View Single Post
Old
02-18-2007, 12:02 PM
JerseyRangers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Reading Rodent's article yesterday--I thought he was right about dressing Orr. Even so the Rangers win the game if the pwp works. It didn't and some poor defensive coverage did the rest. Philly did a lot of things right after the first period when they gave our team every opportunity to take a big lead. Fedoruk was running around like an animal but taking penalties. It would have given Orr something to do but I don't think that the results would have been all that different. As for Hatcher--he can fight--but I doubt he drops with Colton and if he did most likely Colton would be taking any extra penalties. The way to deal with the Hatchers--the Witts is to target the Gagne's and Yashin's for the same abuse that our best players are getting from them--or maybe even a little worse.
You are right that the Rangers win the game if the pwp works. At the same time what sense did it make dressing Dupuis over Orr? Against a team like Philly who has very few weapons you could have put out a line made up of Orr-Orr-Orr and it wouldn't have hurt the Rangers. The shocking thing is that Renney knew that Hatcher, Eager and Fridge were going to abuse Jagr and Co. and he chose not to address it. For that alone I feel Renney should be canned. Add to it all the mind numbing lineups he's put together, his inability to coach one of the most talented pp units in the league, and his use of certain players (i.e. Prucha and others) and there you have a very compelling argument for getting rid of Renney!

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote