View Single Post
Old
03-06-2014, 11:50 AM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
If you watch 24CH you definitely know he changed the system. Last year when he came in it was preaching puck possession game using speed and skill to score off the rush. Now it's dump and chase, 2 man forecheck and slow down the neutral zone and grind.

Completely different styles. It's like going from Detroit Red Wings 2009 style to 2000 New Jersey Devils. Major difference.
There's a difference. And I see it too. But it's not because the coach said you know what let's go from 5th or 6th best 5 on 5 goals for/vs ratio last year to middle of the pack this year. A coach comes with a system (or philosophy is a better term anyway) he's built over years of experience, he doesn't decide to change philosophies on a whim.

And I watched some of 24CH. Do you know how scripted and edited that show is and how much of a selective tiny percentage of what actually goes on is presented to us, especially when it comes to strategies etc? You do realize it's made to entertain and they pick out snippets here and there to create the illusion of continuity and bigger picture right? It's a TV show. My advice would be to watch the games instead and take whatever you get from shows like that with a huge grain of salt.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote