View Single Post
Old
03-06-2014, 01:26 PM
Blue Liner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkaminski15 View Post
So a buddy and I were arguing about which jr league is better to play in for college exposure and I just wanted to get your guyses opinions. My argument was that the USHL is better because its the only tier 1 jr league and the level of hockey is much higher than the NAHL. His argument was that the NAHL has more college exposure by basing teams in areas scouts often travel to (don't know the truth behind this) and that they have 2 major tournaments that scouts are all over. Who do you guys think is right and why?
The USHL is the better league to play in, period, both for the level of play and subsequently how heavily it is scouted. If you're a legitimate USHL-level talent, you don't stay in the NAHL because you think you'll get more college exposure. It's just simply not the case.

The best league is going to give you the most exposure, period. About the only exception to that is if you're a USHL guy who's a bubble player and not in the lineup much, you're probably better served playing for a NAHL team and being in the lineup every night. But as far league for league, there is no better exposure to colleges than the USHL, and that's not a knock on the NAHL because clearly they're sending a lot of guys to college, too. At the end of the day if you're good enough, you're going to get seen.

Blue Liner is online now   Reply With Quote