View Single Post
Old
02-04-2004, 03:03 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
well i think there is a slight difference.

those guys were high first round picks, this kid is a 5th rounder.

if he even manages to get signed, he's already beaten some rather daunting odds.

5'9, fifth round picks aren't usually expected to develope the way he has so far.

No one is penciling him into an NHL lineup but his progress has been great. The names being thrown around are for playing style only, not expected results.

As for Malhotra, he is showing his true stuff in Columbus where he is {gasp} being given a chance.

He's already tied his career high in goals, is a point away from tying his point high and since joining Columbus 34 games ago would be on pace for totals just an eyelash under 20 goals and 40 points, all while provind solid two way play, energy and leadership qualities.

Is he gonna be an allstar? probably not, but he's showing that he still has the talent, size and character to become a 10-20 goal, 25-40 point player who gives an honest effort.

an honest effort......what a lost phrase on this team of clowns.

yea i was pissed off when Sather dealt Malhotra. Hey sather u dont trade a guy just because he is not from Edmonton or was not on the oilers. My fav memory of Malhotra when we scored on a breakaway from a pass from number 99, and another memory was when Lacroix got elbowed from Ken Daneyko and right after Malhotra skated and dropped the gloves. Way to go, I wish our tough guys would do that instead of talk, although Simon should have went after Doig right after. Now when Lindros gets back Sather must put at least one tough guy with him. If not they should test Sather for a concussion or some type of brain injury.