View Single Post
Old
03-07-2014, 08:14 AM
PredsHabs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Eaves, Gaustad, and Clune are not the problem. These guys are not relied on night in and night out to score and provide the offensive punch for the team. The issue now is which 4th liners to keep. At this point there no one deserving to play top 6, Trotz has been blamed to no end but the reality is nobody can finish.

It is crucial right now to find out the guys that could be here next year with the emphasis on Jarnkrok, Watson and Beck these three due to age and years in development need to be looked at and quick. Otherwise we go to camp with question marks that can't be answered in preseason anymore. Preseason is mostly players trying to make a roster playing other players trying to make a roster. The timeframe on Watson is becoming more and more narrow hes now 22 and should be tearing up the AHL. Hes not and is likely not ready to make the jump. Jarnkrok will get a call-up pretty quick, he will get a game or two under his belt then should be here for a hard look. Do not expect to see him play more than 9 games for the big team since he has another year on his ELC.

The coaching staff needs to make a decision now about the abilities of the young guys if there ready or still need time. DP then must make some moves to bridge the team and fill the holes that are going to be created. Mosier,Sissons,Forsberg really should finish the year in the AHL it does no good to bring them here and crush there confidence because there not ready.

The offense is just a mess, if there is to be a coaching change it would be in the next 10 days IMO to allow the new coach to make his evaluations before the end of the year so he could recommend direction to the GM. So if Trotz is here two weeks from now the fire Trotz banter should slow because he will be here on opening day next season.
I know it is not our fourth lines fault, I am just tired of this. Sorry.
I really do not see a fix that will not take 3-5 years unless something comes out of left field.

PredsHabs is offline   Reply With Quote