View Single Post
Old
02-18-2007, 09:34 PM
bleedrngrblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I'll only say this once since we've had this debate. You can rebut and we'll agree to disagree...in the past, when Orr was in the lineup, this team still experienced players getting roughed up and cheap shotted. Brashear went after Jagr despite Orr being in the lineup. In fact, when he is in the lineup, it's almost like adding fuel to the fire because those tougher guys seem to expect something out of Orr and go forward with being physical. When you have players lke Jagr, Straka, Nylander and a soft defense in the lineup, your players will get roughed up from time to time and dressing an enforcer, in my opinion, would not lessen that. I've just seen too many times with Orr in the lineup that we see the same stuff as we did yesterday.
Fletch......I just think its smarter with him than without him,in that situation, and you keep pointing to Brashear, who is basically one of the toughest guys in the league, he fears no one, I can't be mad at Orr for not keeping him at bay, but with Orr in the lineup, he knows he has a price to pay at some point for running our players, without him, its basically free shots at our best players, that CANNOT happen.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote