View Single Post
Old
02-19-2007, 03:29 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
Nice analysis. The only thing that bothers me about the projections is that basically it projects everyone to be the same. It's too mathematical. Obviously this isn't your fault at all since it is a mathematical forumla, but I just never put much stock into them. In any event, great site, I've never been there before, definately a nice suprise to say the least! Keep up the great work man.
well, what i try to do is to use what the team has actually done to this point as a projection of how they will end up. to me its the only sensible way of doing it. While it is just a guesstimate its still worth a look see. I guess if you did the calculation for the Habs like a month ago it would be radically different than what it is now. likewise the penguins would have been radically different as well but in the opposite direction. Like i say, theres no way to accurately predict streaks unless you want to use the real trends stats from the rodent. but those numbers are proprietary, or at least i treat his site with respect to not steal his numbers.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote