Thread: Prospect Info: OKC Barons 2013/14
View Single Post
Old
03-07-2014, 11:58 PM
Burnt Biscuits

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Arcobello with OKC record points in consecutive games as well. Quit ******* around MacT and call him back up!
I don't think Arco should of been sent down in the first place, but I'd like to see our AHL team make the playoffs. We have a lot of young D down there who could benefit from the experience and while I don't want to punish or alienate Arco, keeping him down there could likely be the difference between clinching a spot in the AHL playoffs or failing to do so. If I was MacT I might ask him to hold the fort down there and get us into a playoff spot, we will likely need to call-up atleast one of Lander, Pitlick, or Horak for depth purposes; then I'd promise Arcobello a one-way one year contract coming into next year, he's shown enough where he probably deserves it.

W's on the big squad should be the primary focus of any NHL general manager, but it might be one of those instances of where you have to consider what's best for the development of the players in the organization as a whole and let that take precedent.