Thread: Prospect Info: OKC Barons 2013/14
View Single Post
Old
03-07-2014, 11:30 PM
topchowda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Biscuits View Post
I don't think Arco should of been sent down in the first place, but I'd like to see our AHL team make the playoffs. We have a lot of young D down there who could benefit from the experience and while I don't want to punish or alienate Arco, keeping him down there could likely be the difference between clinching a spot in the AHL playoffs or failing to do so. If I was MacT I might ask him to hold the fort down there and get us into a playoff spot, we will likely need to call-up atleast one of Lander, Pitlick, or Horak for depth purposes; then I'd promise Arcobello a one-way one year contract coming into next year, he's shown enough where he probably deserves it.

W's on the big squad should be the primary focus of any NHL general manager, but it might be one of those instances of where you have to consider what's best for the development of the players in the organization as a whole and let that take precedent.
Im not sure whats best either. On one hand you could bring Arco up and try him as the 2C. He is probably better at this point, and this would let him develop chemistry + show case him for a trade (Conarcher just got waived so return wouldn't be big)

But Id also like to see the Barons make the playoffs, and make a run in the playoffs. Give the prospects some taste of post season before they are brought into the black hole that is the Oilers

I wonder how good the team would be with Omark+Arcobello+Rajala. All small skilled guys would put up big AHL points.

Still wondering why Rajala left, very weird case