View Single Post
Old
02-19-2007, 08:08 AM
helicecopter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho87 View Post
Just wondering about Kulemin.

What's his outlook for the NHL? Top 6? Power-forward Model? At the time he was drafted he was ranked a 6.5C by hockey futures, which puts him at around a 3rd line player. With his recent success at the RSL, putting aside the notions he was riding on Malkin's success his stock must have risen to that of a potential top 6 forward.
First off, even if it was regularly remarked otherwise on HFboards (after McGuire's quotes at WJC), last year he did play with Malkin only a part of the season.
I talked about 2nd line potential last year and of course now even more. I think he has a very good chance to be a pretty complete 2nd liner at the NHL level.

Quote:
From what I've heard, and seen he looks like he could have a similar career to that of Kovalenko (50pt a year player, with a strong checking game).
Could be the case.. even if i guess he will never be that tanky.. and i wouldn't be surprised to see him be a bit more consistent along his career in the scoring department. I read different opinions on the matter, but personally, for what i could see since early last year, i've always liked his finishing abilities.

helicecopter is offline   Reply With Quote