View Single Post
Old
03-08-2014, 04:06 AM
Iron Duke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Fair enough. But why discount the possibility that getting a new coach and GM might be good for the franchise? All I "hear" everything is fine, we should be grateful for what we do have, etc.
I rarely hear that at all, even from the most ardent of pro-Poile/Trotz supporters. I don't think anyone around here is satisfied with the performance of this team at this moment. How to improve that, however, is something that sees a very large variety of perspectives around here. I also think many of the pro-Poile/Trotz crowd will absolutely acknowledge the possibility that things could get better with new leadership, while also recognizing, and erring on the side of, the possible consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
I don't see any consideration for the opposing view that everything is not fine and just making the playoffs is not good enough any more. And obviously we aren't even doing that right now.
Sorry hd, but I think it's a bit disingenuous to contend that those viewpoints are not being considered around here. The "Change Now" faction is more than sufficiently represented and heard in practically every thread on the board, if not necessarily agreed with by all.

Last edited by Iron Duke: 03-08-2014 at 04:15 AM.
Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote