View Single Post
Old
03-08-2014, 03:37 AM
Burnt Biscuits

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilphan View Post
These last 10 games are terrible for the team. Not only are we getting points, it is going to reinforce MacT's notion that Eakins is the right coach.
MacT isn't some mental midget he's watching the same games we are.

For preaching being a fitness first coach, having low tempo ineffective practice is unacceptable. Practices are a great tool for self improvement and if we aren't taking full advantage of them that's a big red flag.

Secondly the fact that I would prefer to decline the powerplay on most occasions given the sheer amount of skill we have on this roster speaks volumes.

The current coaching staff has short-comings what MacT has to determine is, if changes to the assistants or associate coach can fix some our weaknesses or if we have to drop the axe on another head coach. MacT has pretty outspoken about the group needing stability and we can't just keep the coaching carousel going, but it is every bit as dysfunctional employing someone who has proven themselves unfit for the job. MacT was quick to cut ties on players he signed like Labarbera and we buried Grebs and his one way contract in short order when he didn't cut mustard, also advised Gagner that he wanted to trade him in the 1st year after signing him. It's best not to make mistakes in the first place, but I'm glad we have a GM that only looks to improve the team, public perception and having a little bit of egg on his face are entirely secondary concerns. Now while it might appear to be comical to see how many goalies we cycled through over the course of a year, I don't think there are any Oiler fans who would argue our goaltending group now isn't improved over what we had to start the year.