View Single Post
Old
03-08-2014, 11:16 AM
overlords
#BargainBanned

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Coach said on TV we're a grinding team - He changed the system!

I'm not even remotely trying to come up with every reason to blame the players. What you don't understand is that the players and coach aren't pitted against one another. They are together all trying to win. It's like you're completely unable to see things objectively. Do you think Therrien woke up one day and said you know what these awesome stats suck, the players are looking too good. Let's change our style of play so that we suck more. Come on man.

Yes I believe that by in large Habs are a grinding team. Grinding team does not equate to less puck possession. Habs were the same team last year, they just executed better. Also they were "new" and other teams have figured them out a lot more this year.

And thanks for the advice about not finding a logical explanation to things, but I'll stick with logic. It's been good to me. You should try it sometime.
What's with the strawman, again? Do you think anybody in this thread is implying that therrien did anything to make the team worse on purpose? Enough with that. It's childish.

And of course the team is trying together to win, when did anybody say anything to the contrary?

And there is precedent when it comes to therrien seeing a working system and changing it. And there can be logic in that. If you think you can improve something, why not try? Before he came in we had a fantastic PK. They changed it to a diamond kinda formation in the first year and it sunk like a rock.

overlords is online now   Reply With Quote