View Single Post
Old
03-08-2014, 11:40 AM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
I'm not saying anyone is implying that. I'm using that point to show how ludicrous the entire assumption is. Very different.

Has Therrien made adjustments that didn't work out so well? Of course. That's coaching. Did he wake up one day and decide to change the system entirely? Highly doubt it.
One of the biggest changes appears to be the transition. Forwards are generally really far from the D and many times just waiting for tap ins/redirects at the blue line. Last year there was more of a focus on maintaining possession of the puck while crossing the blue line and using the team's speed. Now it's 90% dump and chase, which has definitely hurt us. We also don't seem to forecheck as aggressively. We used to employ a very strong 2 man forecheck to provoke turnovers. Now we usually have like 1 guy being decently aggressive and the 2nd man hanging back towards the neutral zone. I've heard/seen it theorized that we've switched to a more passive system (forechecking wise) to keep the forewards from wearing down by the playoffs.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote