View Single Post
Old
03-08-2014, 01:20 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
That's nonsense. We were one of the best puck possession teams in the league last year.
I guess you came down to that conclusion by looking at stats and such? Stats don't say how shots and time in the offensive zone were had. A good shots attempt differential doesn't mean an incredible control of the puck and a good cycling game. In our case, more often than not, whether people like it or not, we we DID and STILL do get our shots and many opportunities by creating turnovers in the offensive zone, and it very often is the result of hustling and working extra hard to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
addition by subraction = Brian Gionta

Let's be critical of Pleky once he's liberated.
Give me a break. Plekanec has the 4th best scorer of the league since 05-06 on his left side. He should be able to, at least, provide him with plenty of scoring opportunities, no matter who plays on the right wing.

As for Gionta, he's still statistically the best guy we can put on that line stats-wise. Not saying I wouldn't rather Galchenyuk, but Gionta won't prevent Plekanec to find Vanek and create good opportunities if he has the chance.

Son Oncle Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote