View Single Post
Old
02-19-2007, 10:49 AM
Khelvan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
The thing about Marcel is that, except for the very first few weeks when he joined the Rangers, he was consistent in his hustle away from the puck, and in learning, and playing well, the defensive game. While all the calls for his head were coming down because he didn't put up any numbers, he was helping his team in other ways.

I am happy that he has found his offensive touch. I do not believe he will ever be as good as his brother, he simply doesn't have the instincts for it. He tends to find an open spot and literally stand there, once someone like Jagr has the puck, rather than sneaking in and out of holes, as the best goal scorers do. But I think he can be a second-line player, or maybe has an outside shot at the first-line if he is consistent.

Still, he always helped the team, and really there are very few people who argued that on his behalf way back when. Even though his play on the defensive side has not changed all that much since he first came over, somehow he is hailed as "turning things around." I think simply seeing him do better WITH the puck has changed people's perception of him WITHOUT it, even though the major improvement has come with confidence WITH the puck for him.

Khelvan is online now   Reply With Quote