View Single Post
Old
02-04-2004, 06:25 PM
sandman08

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTheCats
By the time Perreault will be dealt, he's only gonna have a month or two left to pay of his contract since he's a UFA at the end of the season. Sundstrom is a good two way forward who can put up some points and he is a RFA at the end of this season. Gauthier is a young defenseman that can hit hard and play okay hockey (from what I've seen from him so far) I don't know much about Conroy situation there but they took out the "C" from him this year so maybe it's not that great. Conroy is also a UFA at the end of this season and Gauthier is a RFA if I remember correctly. I'd do it as long we don't have to give some Montreal young players (Hossa, Hainsey, Pleckanec, ..).
conroy didnt "lose" the "C" .. he gave it to iggy
he wanted iggy to be the captain and asked him if wanted to be one..
iggy said yes and conroy obliged and they went to sutter and had a talk with him.. i guess conroy felt it would be appropriate and best for the team and the fans for the player with the most skill and heart on the team to be the captain.. iggy does everything for his team and as such was going to be a captain eventually, this was conroy's way of acknowledging that .. and ive heard a lot of folks round these parts say that conroy is still a leader in that dressing room.. "C" or not