View Single Post
Old
03-08-2014, 04:42 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs_Apostle View Post
I don't have the answers. But you seemed to have studied Therrien much more throughly than I have, so that's why I asked.

As someone else pointed out, Therrien certainly doesn't make all the right decisions. But to claim he's solely to blame for everything that goes wrong and never to be given credit for anything that goes right seems somewhat radical to me.
Solely to blame for anything that goes wrong? I don't remember writing that and I don't believe this.

That being said, I think he's a crappy coach and I don't see what he's done well this year. I'd love to hear what you think he's done well though. Please tell me.

Quote:
And it's been my experience that when someone takes a radical position (religious, political, or otherwise) and I ask for more of a balanced argument and they can't provide it, that they haven't thought things through very thoroughly and that they don't know what they claim to know. There's arguing simply to be right and support one's position at all costs and then there's arguing to try to achieve some clarity on the issue. I mean, I'd be more convinced if you could say, alright, here's what Therrien does well, BUT here's where I think he's dropping the ball. But you're just - he's completely incompetent in every way imaginable!
I don't think I've said anything radical at all. I've said he's a terrible coach, I've told you why and I've backed it up. It's not like there's no reason to believe this.

Tell me what he's done right this year. Our play has sucked, our offense has sucked, he's managed to kill a powerhouse PP... he's just lucky enough to have one of the best goalies in the world making up for this.
Quote:
Don't you think your hate may be blinding you a little on this issue?
Why would I randomly hate this or any other coach? Doesn't make sense.

I hate seeing what he's doing with this team and I've told you why. You're talking like it's something personal and I'm making stuff up to justify hating him... You've got things backwards. He's made idiotic decisions and for THAT reason, I hate him as a coach.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote