View Single Post
Old
03-08-2014, 05:09 PM
TheFinnishTrap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormentor View Post
With the WJC’s and Olympics behind us, and guys like Ortio and younger Granlund making a decent start in the NHL, how would you rank the players and prospects born in the 90's now? Maybe a top-10 or top-20 using a seven to 10-year projection forecast? if you want to leave out the goalies and/or the younger prospects, that's just fine. Would be interesting to see how different people perceive the situation now.
Finally a positive problem. After the first obvious ones, ranking these gets a lot harder. I'll rank goalies separately.

1. Barkov
2. Määttä
3. Laine
4. Puljujärvi
5. Ristolainen
6. Mi. Granlund
7. Teräväinen
8. Honka
9. Vatanen
10. Kapanen
11. Saarela
12. Lehkonen
13. Rantanen
14. Pokka
15. Ma. Granlund
16. Pulkkinen
17. Armia
18. Salomäki
19. Hakanpää
20. Jokipakka

I tried to rank by potential, but if I saw notable weaknesses that could potentially make the prospect bust, I would take it in consideration (see guys like Armia ranked low). I only took the most notable and familiar prospects to me from the youngest generations, so guys like Juolevi and Vaakanainen could crack the top-10 later.

I'm happy, as I could see all these guys become NHLers, and the top-5 all have a chance to become real superstars. After them, we still have good star-potential, so the situation seems good at the moment.

Goalies:

1. Saros
2. Ortio
3. Kähkönen
4. Husso
5. Aittokallio
6. Kolppanen

Didn't rank Korpisalo and the youngest goalies here. Saros is in my opinion the most talented one here, it's a shame that he's so short. Ortio's performances lately have impressed me, and he looks pretty good in NHL which has made him rise in my ranking. Kähkönen and Husso, both have potential, but I've heard some negative news about Kähkönen's training motivation, which I hope isn't true. Husso has been good this year, and I hope he won't falter. Aittokallio's situation is a bit unfamiliar to me at the moment, but I still think he has NHL potential. Kolppanen has been quite impressive this season, but we'll see what happens with him.

TheFinnishTrap is online now   Reply With Quote