View Single Post
Old
02-04-2004, 06:59 PM
Duff88

vCash: 500
Could Dykhuis help?

I might be the only one, but I think that Dykhuis could really help us as a 6th-7th defenceman better than Komo. Komisarek is young and would be better to play every game, as he needs to developpe and learn to play 82 games, because in the NCAA there is a lot less games. He isn't doing great work as a 7th D right now, and he might learn a lot by being in the team's entourage and in every practice, but IMO it would be better for him to play in the AHL.

That brings me to Dykhuis. He had a bad year last season, but when you think about it, he was our best defenceman two years ago when he paired with Brisebois. They formed a really good duo and I think that Dykhuis had a good séjour in the AHL to help him to learn how important it is to play everynight if he wants to play in the NHL for at least another few years.

Dykhuis is a good and big stay-at-home D when he's on his game, and could be a valuable asset. Don't misunderstand me, I don't think he'll be a #1 D who will be nominated for the Norris, but he can help with some of our defensive difficulties because he'll work every night.

So do you agree or do you disagree? Is Dykhuis able to help the team in our playoff run by reforming his defensive duo with Brisebois (or another player) or is he finished and he isn't anything more than our 8th-9th defenceman?