View Single Post
03-09-2014, 06:35 AM
vCash: 500
At the moment I believe that the 1998 born age-group is going to be something special for Finland. Not only because of Patrik Laine and Jesse Puljujärvi, but because there's lots of depth and quality players. I have right now Laine ahead of Puljujärvi, although I think both have plenty of potential and the gap between them isn't that big imo.

Otto Mäkinen is another strong prospect who should be an early draft pick if he develops as expected. He's a big winger with a great release, his wrist shot is really strong. A decent skater with skills and smarts, plus he's got solid size at 6'1".

Markus Niemeläinen is a two-way defenseman who doesn't hesitate with his decisions with the puck. Excellent size at nearly 6'4", skates well both ways and has smarts without the puck. Could bulk up somewhat, but he has the skills of a really strong NHL prospect.

Oliver Felixson is a defenseman whose size and skills are something to watch. He's 6'5", makes solid decisions and he can shoot the puck like a rocket. Consistency is something I would like to see more from him, but he's got so much potential as a two-way defenseman. He's also developed a lot over the last two seasons.

Some other strong prospects are Aapeli Räsänen and Otto Somppi. Janne Kuokkanen and Olli Juolevi are two highly regarded prospects, but I have not seen them too much yet.

Eyelanders is offline   Reply With Quote