Old
03-09-2014, 10:23 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Go back and read my post. I listed some game breakers and some really good forwards on that list. If you notice I said, how many are game breakers, there were 7. That's what 101 was referencing but I also was saying there were some other good forwards drafted in addition to the game breakers. 101 said there is one game breaker usually per draft and in two separate draft years I found about 7 at various points of the draft.
Okay. Now let's see how many the Preds were in a position to actually get.

2006:
Toews, Backstrom, Kessel: All picked long before Nashville would have picked.
Giroux: Picked just before the Preds could have picked. (The Nashville 1st had been traded to Washington at the deadline.)

2007:
Kane, Couture: Picked long before Nashville ever could have.
Benn: Picked 10 picks after the closest Preds pick... and was the second of three picks by Dallas in that round.

I'd say all seven realistically qualify as "unreachable".

Oh, and while we're at it... of those seven, how many of them have been on teams competitive enough to win a Cup? I count three, and it's that high only because two of them are on the same team.

Trust me, hon. You don't want to play this shoulda-coulda-woulda-drafted game with me. I've had LOTS of practice; it's one of those ancillary benefits of cheering for a team that's sucked for more than just two years.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote