Old
03-09-2014, 01:07 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
Thats what I'm asking though. If the problem isn't the GM or the Coach as people keep defending then whats the issue?
See, here's the issue. If I say "Poile signed too many third-liners this offseason", the instant conclusion is going to be "Poile ****ed up; fire Poile". But that's not a fair conclusion.

If I say "Wilson hasn't developed as expected under Trotz", the instant conclusion is going to be "Trotz ****ed up; fire Trotz". But that, also, is not a fair conclusion.

Folks are busy looking for someone to blame so they can Fire The Bad Guy and Make It All Better. That is not the right approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
So we sit around and hope something happens that hasn't really happened before ( forwards develop). So we wait some more
If we automatically discount anything that's previously not happened, then the Preds will never, ever win the Stanley Cup.

(Incidentally, Poile has drafted at least one star forward before - on quick review, I noticed he was GM of the Caps when they drafted Bondra.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
I am wondering if our scouting needs to be revamped. Particularly the ones scouting in Canada. They have not found a decent forward up there in a long time. If we are going to contend, as much as it pains me to say this, we need more Canadian forwards. We don't have a game breaker for sure and we need top 3 talent. Most of the best are found north of the border.
Maybe. I don't know much about the Preds scouting staff and so couldn't comment rationally.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote