View Single Post
Old
02-19-2007, 07:39 PM
Mathletic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
What reminds you of Sakic in Espo? To me he plays nothing like him. I have only seen him a little here and there so others will have a better opinion of him but I've never thought Sakic when I've seen him play.
I see a good passer. Not really big, doesn't hit much but they're not afraid to play in traffic in order to get their points. Great leader, Esposito is intelligent and well-articulated.

I went to see the Remparts 9 times this year, and more last year and right now Esposito is a better player than he was last year. Like I said, he might not be having a career year, but he's still really good. Sort of like Higgins this year with the Canadiens. His points don't show the kind of player he is. Injuries didn't help so you get a disapoiting season stats wise. But if you care more on the how rather than results, I don't think Esposito has disapointed a bit.

Sometimes people just over-analyze players. Kind of like what happened with Kopitar. The guy doesn't have a great season or WJC, so he falls in the draft and ends up one of the best of his class.

Same thing happens in other sports. This year in football with Brady Quinn or in the previous years with Marino and such. It happens to have a bad season or under-performing stats wise.

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote