View Single Post
Old
03-10-2014, 10:44 AM
MathMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
MT has the team in 3rd place in the East. Calling him incompetent and an idiot implies that he isn't doing a good job. That this team could do better
It could. It might not result in a big shift on the standings, but it's (I hope) obvious that this team is riding goaltending (and no small amount of good fortune). Otherwise it's playing like a weak club and even if the roster is not a world-beater, it ought to be better, on aggregate, than "Calgary or Edmonton with better goaltending", which it resembles far too often.

Even if the Habs were an average-talented club (and I think they're better than that), an average team benefitting from goaltending like Price is offering should be in a dogfight with Boston, or at least within striking distance.

And really the Habs are lucky to be where they are in the standings. Right now, the Habs have allowed 5 non-empty-net goals than they've scored. That's minus five. In 2011-2012, at the end of the season, they were -2. I'm sure the Habs can do better than that.

I trust I don't have to explain that allowing more goals than you score is a dubious strategy for long-term success.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote