Thread: Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Canes - 3/11/14
View Single Post
Old
03-11-2014, 08:42 PM
SERE 24
LGR

vCash: 500
Turning on Staal over a bad game is ridiculous. He hasn't been our best dman this season - that's an exaggeration born of trying to defend him from those dumping on him - but he's been quite excellent for much of the year. Staal had a bad game. It happens. The whole team sucked terribly so singling him out really isn't worth a damn. Hank played well.

I really don't like our team anymore. I don't mean I don't like the Rangers, I mean, I don't like this group (with obvious exceptions). For example, as a Rangers fan, I have an interest in virtually all 29 other teams and like them all various amounts. Certain teams I really dislike, or find boring and somewhat pathetic and poorly constructed. If I was a fan of a different team, this Rangers group would be in that category. We have no identity. We're just a hit or miss, patchwork quilt of a team with no real direction. We have better talent than our results typically show and we're under achiever who tend to turn in underwhelming efforts. I find this group very difficult to cheer for, in relation to the past 6+ years or so. Obviously it's no dark ages, but this group just really doesn't inspire much in me as a Rangers fan. Outside of McD and Zucc, G more often than not, and Hank because he's Hank, I'm not really very proud of my team this year. The effort tonight is just a perfect example of that. Totally beatable team with very important points on the line and we look like we were out drinking all night and can't wait to get back to the party after the game. What an inconvenience it must have been to have to play hockey today. Really disappointing.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote