View Single Post
Old
03-12-2014, 08:18 PM
Digger12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuka View Post
*edit* furthermore, a quote from Guy Flaming re: Draisaitl, in the player's own words:

Very candid response from Draisaitl there when I asked about the weak part of his game. Admitted his defensive game is not great and skating

Guy Flaming (@TPS_Guy) February 15, 2014
Looking at some vidoes of him, his skating looks quite fluid and very confident with the puck on his stick. Definitely a better skater than Eberle was in junior, at any rate.

I dunno, obviously there's some concerns with what he's got between his ears and if he could learn the defensive game, but in terms of pure talent with good (not great, but good) size he's right up there with anyone in this draft class.

If we're looking at former PA players, in terms of how they looked in junior he reminds me of a young Mike Modano...not as good obviously as Modano when he was a dominant 120 point player in the dub in his draft year, but I can't help but see similarities.

He's a very tempting pick if we're selecting outside the top 3...but then so was Jason BonBon, and we all know how that turned out.