View Single Post
Old
02-05-2004, 06:54 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Investigate what ? it isn't against the law to be ignorant. Put him in a forum where he has to answer for his opinions. No, he wouldn't do that. Do what TSN does and have a counterpoint . I don't believe in the US way of firing the controversial. They knew what they were getting when they hired Limbaugh, as did the CBC when they signed his last contract. The irony is that they re-signed this coward because they were afraid of public opinion, and now are trying to figure how to get rid of him because they are afraid of public opinion. Fear being the operative term, as the CBC are showing it by not knowing what to do, and Cherry for being afraid of anyone different from him. The French Canadian culture is a proud one and does not need Cherry's validation. The continent of Europe did just fine before Cherry came on the scene. At the Montreal comedy fest every summer, it seems that half the US standups are taking shots at the French [be it France or otherwise] Let the CBC present coach's corner as a comedy skit, which in effect it is. Fire him,don't fire him, in the end I don't care. I worry more about anyone who listens to him to influence their philosophy.