View Single Post
Old
03-12-2014, 11:20 PM
CupofOil
Visually, we suck.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Aimar View Post
Not dismissing him at all, I just haven't heard a guy who is 6'1 be called a big centre before, although the weight is obviously meaningful. I do object to the idea (not necessarily stated explicitly by anyone) that they have to take this guy because "we have enough small forwards". That the same reasoning they gave for passing on Parise. If they take Draisaitl because they simply think he is the best prospect, then fine.
When I think of "big" center, I think of weight moreso than height. If he was 6'4 but a stringbean, I don't consider that a big center. If he doesn't play big, then it really doesn't matter how big he is. Apparently, he's not too physical but he's great at protecting the puck.

In any event, I agree that taking him just because he's big would be stupid but he's not highly rated just because he's big. He's one of the elite offensive players of this draft class.
I value Reinhart and Bennett higher though because of their overall game. I think the Oilers need a center regardless of size who can play well at both ends of the rink moreso than a center who is big and is pretty one dimensional.