View Single Post
Old
03-13-2014, 08:27 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Hawk View Post
I am not going to go looking for some sports articles concerning minor league hockey teams to find something that says they folded. The Ice Cats do not exist. The Phantoms do not exist. The Riverment do not exist. The Iowa Hogs do not exist. The AHL Utah Grizzlies do not exist. The legal entities that owned those teams do not exist. What happened to them? Legal entities cannot just disappear? The get dissolved, folded, go out of business, whatever you want to call it.

The franchise license, the AHL's permission to operate a franchise, NEVER goes away, they just move who has control of it. The only ones that can increase and decrease the license amount is the AHL BOG and technically they folded the Texas Stars. They deleted the license under which they were operating when they acquired the Iowa Hogs license.

I am not going to rely on some sports writers to understand business terms.
So, that would be "no", you can't. And the reason you can't is because they didn't fold, they moved. I don't care if you are the Grand Poobah of Business, if you can't back up your contention that those teams folded with any sort of evidence other than "I said so" than your contention, which you state as absolute fact, is in fact false.

It's also not sportswriters, it's the leagues themselves. And I'n guessing they do have some Grand Poobahs of Business on staff...

Last edited by No Fun Shogun: 03-13-2014 at 09:12 AM. Reason: qdp