Old
02-05-2004, 09:52 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
are a problem. New York does demand a winner. New York will not stand for rebuilding. New York, while it would love to see 22 year olds on ice, don't really want to see that unless they're superstars.

This was evident last night when the Garden ranted 'Sign Him' in regards to Graves. Graves is one of my all-time favorite Rangers. But, unfortunately, he has slipped in the last several seasons and is a bit past his prime. Signing him is no different than many other mercenary signings. But if signed, the Garden faithful will come out in droves for his first game. They will applaud the move. They will welcome him with open arms. But it's not the direction the team should go.
I think that fans just want guys who love(d) being a Ranger being Rangers. Fans want guys to be proud to be Rangers. Fans want guys who want a Ranger jersey not a Rangers paycheck. Fans want guys to cheer for and recognize as true Rangers.

I also think that the majority of fans who might have been calling for Graves invisioned him playing ahead of Jan Hlavac, not Lundmakr, Otmeyer or Murray.