View Single Post
Old
03-15-2014, 02:40 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Didn't realize Skapski turns 20 before July 1 - that's good. I still say sign DGM to an NHL deal to serve as a mentor/insurance for him.

A couple of things regarding Beacon's projected lineup:

Quote:
Hrivik - Lindberg - Kristo
Bourque - MSC - Nicholls
Yogan - Jean - Kantor
Vaive - ? - Rowe

Hughes - MCI
Noreau - ?
- Kristo is a group VI UFA if he doesn't get 80 NHL games before the end of next season (he turns 25 before the end of his contract). So, we need to play him, trade him or risk losing him for nothing.

- I agree that Miller, Fast and Allen are all ready to show what they can do, but I don't necessarily see them all making the team out of camp.

- I imagine that Haggerty will likely start out in the AHL. (And if he doesn't one of Miller/Fast is DEFINITELY not making the big club.)

- As Eco's points out, I really don't see Jean getting another contract. (What the hell happened to that guy?)

- Vaive and Rowe are likely placeholders for random AHL contracts. Hopefully whoever we get are better than our current AHL contracts. I would frankly be happy to devote one or two NHL contracts to get real quality AAAA talent in there and build a culture of professionalism and winning. Hensick isn't a bad choice, but if we can get one more (or two better), I'd be all in favor.

- In addition to Skapski, Donnay is 20 years old and will likely join the Wolfpack.

- It's a minor point, but Hughes is a right D.