View Single Post
03-15-2014, 05:56 PM
eco's bones
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
Jean and Bourque are RFA's after this year and Vaive and Rowe are easily replaceable.

To me, Hartford has to do some serious rearranging if they want to succeed. Vets like Hensick and DGM need to stick around. If we can, try to keep them on AHL deals so that we won't waste a contract to the 50 limit, but if injuries occur sign them as insurance. Jean isn't and shouldn't be resigned as are Vaive and Rowe. Bourque, even though I'd like for them to resign, might not be there either. It's good to have Skapski and DGM as a tandem, but is that enough? Maybe sign a goalie from Europe or an NCAA guy like Faragher or Summerhays. Or maybe sign Malcolm? Either way we need young goaltenders in our system (drafted or signed) after probably giving up Missiaen and Stajcer. I think Donnay would be in an HWP sweater next year too, but he might need developing in Greenville. I agree with y'all. Some serious remodeling is in store very soon.
Hensick is not going to stick around on an AHL contract. Whether you like it or not if you want to have a successful minor league operation--one that wins with some regularity in which you can bring up your better prospects in a good situation you have to be willing to burn 5 or 6 NHL contracts. There's only so many prospects that are going to make it anyway--what you want is a system in which you can graduate at least 2 guys a year to the NHL and sometimes 3 or 4. Burning those contracts is the price you have to pay to get that.