View Single Post
Old
02-05-2004, 02:03 PM
King Blazer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
HooBloodyRAHHHHHH!!!!! NO MORE ZIZKA! He is simply at least a year away from NHl caliber play in my books. So, with luck its Mill (i don't even want to say his name for fear) back and I felt Matty would be back anyways. That fellow would have to have an eyeball actually hanging out of his noggin to stop his playing.

So, do we get to see the mistake of sending Camms down be fixed? Does anyone know how close Aulin is to being back yet? Interesting to see who will be with the team after the break.
Let me try this again:

Zizka was assigned to Manchester so one roster spot opens as a result of his assignment.

John Tripp was sent via a "conditioning assignment" which means that he is not subject to waivers BUT remains on the active 23-man roster for LA.

Two players were assigned to Manchester, however, only one (Zizka) comes off of the roster and therefore there was only one LA 23-man roster spot opened by the assignments of Zizka and Tripp.

Currently, Lubomir Visnovsky is on the injured reserve list as of 2/1/04 and as such can't return to the 23-man active roster for 7 calendar days, the 8th. Mill is also on the IR. With only one-roster spot open on the 23-man active roster both Mil and Lubo could not be activated without moving someone off of the 23-man. If only one of the 2 is to be activated, he would occupy the slot vacated by the assignment of Zizka. If neither are ready for the game on the 10th, a Monarch would likely be recalled or perhaps a trade will happen by then.

If the Kings want to put Camms into John Tripp's roster spot (fixing the "mistake") they would first have to place Tripp on waivers. Either he clears or is claimed by another NHL team. The length of time teams have to place a claim on a waived player depends on what day the NHL office was contacted requesting waivers.

The part about Camms to Reading was a joke and therefore the wink.