View Single Post
Old
02-21-2007, 04:01 PM
AdsSabresRule

vCash: 500
That all depends on Ville, and how badly he looks at $ vs. playing in the NHL. That category is split a lot of the time. I have seen guys languish in the AHL for a few seasons - i.e. Simon Gamache, and go over to Europe when it is clear they are not going to get a real look. I think Ville plays 'bigger' than he is, and has some grit out there. He plays with Brookbank, and they both went to the AHL all - star game. I don't know the depth of Nashville's D - prospects, but I gotta figure that if the Preds get a clear idea that Ville is really wanting an NHL shot, and is going to stick here for a season or two, they'll keep him. I think that part of that is actually working a trade out for him in good faith eventually if they know he is not a fit for their future. I am only going by my past experience with the whole GM/player/agent realtionship insofar as someone wanting a shot - with anyone. But, in my gut I am looking at Nashville's top six at D now, and I am thinking one, maybe two will be sold between this summer and mid - next season. Then, their D - prospects, including Ville, get the call...IMHO.

Last edited by AdsSabresRule: 02-21-2007 at 04:03 PM. Reason: trade, not trae...
AdsSabresRule is offline   Reply With Quote