View Single Post
Old
03-16-2014, 01:36 PM
Ranskyre

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
the problem with your line of thinking is, Trotz isn't a "losing" coach. He has a lifetime winning record, and is exactly .500 this year with a team missing its all star goaltender
By my calculations, Trotz is .503 over his AHL/NHL career from '92 on. This year he is .426. My method was simple: wins divided by number of games played, excluding ties.

But, the point of my post was to highlight the study. It was to point out that were the Preds to fire Trotz immediately, if not sooner, based on the evidence, their level of play would go DOWN and then return to their current level. No big upswing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhouk View Post
The way to stay a coach/manager for a long time in pro sports is to win just enough to keep from being fired. Trotz has done this.

Strangely enough, this is also the only guaranteed way of keeping fans in the seats: be competitive, but not winning all the time. If the outcome is in doubt on a nightly basis, more fans are likely to show up.
Very true. Legwand's goal against NJ with 10 seconds to go definitely provided that riveting experience.

But, the last two games against Columbus and St. Louis have been less than riveting. Last night they were obviously tired. Columbus game?

Ranskyre is offline   Reply With Quote