Thread: Eklund Rumor: Sabres shopping top pick?
View Single Post
03-16-2014, 06:25 PM
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
I absolutely don't disgree with any of that. The only thing I've disagreed with was someone saying it would be the dumbest thing in the world for Buffalo to trade away this pick. I'd absolutely explore options and see if someone would give an already established top line player for it.

Like you said, you have a ton of prospects and a ton of picks. Letting them come to a team with SOME established upper echelon players would let them become the best players they could.

Do you think Lucic, Marchand, Krug, Rask, etc would have developed like they did if there wasn't a Chara, a Bergeron, a Savard, etc on the team that they joined?

Remember back when Colorado broke in Drury and Hedjuk? I think they were both in the running for the Calder. Because the team had Sakic and Forsberg. Same with the way Detroit was always able to break in their young players.

When possible, and i fully unerstand it isn't always, THAT is how you build a team. Not amassing a bunch of teens and throwing them out there so you can suck for 2 years.
I didn't know Ristolainen,Zadorov,Compher,Pysyk,Fasching,Baptist e, McCabe,Carrier,Grigorenko and all were in the NHL. Research would go a long way

Last edited by ZeroPT*: 03-16-2014 at 08:26 PM.
ZeroPT* is offline   Reply With Quote